Do you find that you are your own worst enemy because of your perfectionist tendencies? Are you constantly being mean, maybe even cruel to yourself because you don’t meet your own unrealistic standards? Some of the most tormented people in our society are perfectionists.
Some of the tell tale signs of perfectionism include:
- Perfection is the only option. Anything else is perceived as failure.
- Being hyper critical of yourself.
- Obsessing about past mistakes where you go over the same scenario over and over again
- Finding that you don’t start tasks for fear of not doing them correctly.
- Procrastinating. Starting tasks too late to where you’ve put yourself in a bad situation.
- Having an all or nothing attitude.
- Being overly concerned about what people are going to think about you.
- Feeling that you’re not good enough.
Did I just describe you? Then it’s time to change that hurtful and harmful mindset to a positive one. Hypnotherapy is great at helping you to discard old ways of thinking and behaving that no longer serve you. Regardless of the past, now is the time to start moving in the right direction. The sooner you start, the sooner you can start taking control of your life.